After assiduous efforts to meet the application deadline, the EECE Department was the first department in the Faculty of Engineering to apply for one of the Quality Assurance and Accreditation Projects (QAAP) which provides necessary funding to meet the accreditation requirements, and eventually apply for accreditation by the end of the project (the fourth quarter of 2011). The DAPAP, as mentioned in the executive document prepared by the department, targets five goals:
- Improving the educational venue and working environment for students, faculty and staff.
- Improving the quality of education.
- Establishing an IT services and e-learning system.
- Developing the human resources in the department and employing them to serve the stakeholders and the project.
- Developing the necessary tools and facilities to apply for the accreditation.
Since October 2009, the project has managed to attract more and more staff members to contribute to this success story and accept the challenge faced by the department to apply for accreditation in such a short time. There are no better than the following pictures to capture highlights of this achievement.